Sunday, February 27, 2011

The RA process. Finally over!

I thought that the Rhetorical analysis paper went really well. At first I was really worried about writing it. I felt like I had no right to critique anyone's work when I felt like I wasn't that amazing of a writer myself. But overall, it went pretty well. I think The hardest thing about writing the RA was trying to figure out my thesis. The thesis was so important for my paper that I wanted to cover everything that I felt was important for this RA. I think this was a little more difficult than writing the opinion editorial because I felt I could say whatever I wanted in that essay. I was stuck to specific guidelines for this paper. I don't really think there would be anything I would change about this process. I thought it was nice that we could pick our own topic out of the book. Overall it went very well.

2 comments:

  1. I also felt weird critiquing the writing style of someone who got paid to write, when I am so inexperienced compared to them, but I eventually got comfortable with the idea and thought the essay went well.

    jcm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I wonder how the essay would differ if we weren't writing on how they had an effective argument but an ineffective one? It would have been very interesting!

    -sak

    ReplyDelete