Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tone, Figurative Language, and Diction

For my rhetorical analysis I chose the article, "Put Your Money Where Their Mouths Are." After studying this article awhile, I realized that there isn't much Figurative Language used but rather Tone. The author presents this article with different types of Tone. The written words in this article project the mood of the writer and how he feels about the situation. The author uses different word choice to reflect the seriousness of the issue of children working at too young of an age.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! The tone is definitely apparent and very important with such a sensitive topic. I completely agree.

    MEB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you picked this article; it was a real eyeopener. And I totally agree with you on the word choice; it really did make all the difference.
    -csm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this article it was very deep. And i agree that the tone and word choice is what makes an article really hit home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was originally going to do this article, but kind of got sidetracked by another, haha. Nonetheless, I like what you found in it. Sometimes I feel like people don't acknowledge how much of a role word choice can play in an article. It's great that you can notice what's in other pieces of writing and apply it to your own.

    -mmg

    ReplyDelete