Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peer review = Success!

I always love doing peer review. I feel like when you get the opinion and help from your peers, it helps make your papers so much better. Also, in high school, I remember getting my paper edited was never any help because my classmates weren't that good at writing papers. However, here, I felt like it went really well because we actually care about our grades. I thought the process we used was really interesting. I like how we read the papers out loud. Reading your paper out loud is so helpful to notice little mistakes. It was really cool that after we read them aloud, we exchanged them and edited the papers ourselves. I think it made the process much more smoother. I would definitely like to do this peer review process with our other papers!

4 comments:

  1. Agreed! Reading out loud helped me catch areas in my paper where I had lost the rhythm of my writing. At first I was griping about answering the typical questions, but even those helped!

    -ER

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same! Having the author read us their papers helped them not only correct their mistakes, but helped us to hear the reader's voice as we read.
    -csm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything you said--especially the reading out loud...I remember reading to my partner and being like 'oh shoot, here's a mistake' and then quickly changing it haha. But really, these peer reviews actually helped and I totally agree that we should do this for our other papers.

    MEB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with the whole "reading out loud" dealio. Thats one way to make your paper sound professional and grammatically correct. I remember when I had to give talks in church I would always read them aloud to myself before the meeting just so I could make sure it sounded right. Keep posting great comments!

    ReplyDelete